By Wayne Harada
For the second consecutive year, Sophia Vergara of “Modern Family” is TV’s best-paid actress, earning $30 million from June 2012 through June 2013.
Her salary is more than double the runner-up, but then again, the boxumy bombshell commands an enviable list of endorsement deals — Diet Pepsi, Covergirl, Rooms to Go, plus sundry other Spanish deals, thanks to her international acclaim.
Clearly, she leads the pack and leaves everyone else in the dust.
The Top 10 actresses, in descending order:
• Sofia Vergara, $30 million.
• Kaley Cuoco, $11 million.
• Mariska Hargitay, $11 million.
• Melissa McCarthy, $10 million.
• Betheny Frankel, $10 million.
• Ellen Pompao, $10 million.
• Tina Fey, $10 million.
• Kerry Washington, $10 million.
• Kourtney, Kim and Khloe Kardashian, $10 million.
• Colbie Smulders, $9 million.
Interestingly, reality stars earned two slots.
Understandably, sitcom faves dominate, along with some staples in drama.
But curiously, talk show icons Oprah Winfrey and Ellen Degeneres, folks who rightfully should be on the earnings radar, weren’t. Howcum?