'Tis the season for bright and merry yuletide concerts
By Wayne Harada
December 19th, 2013
With Christmas a-happening next Wednesday, the weekend calendar is a-buzz with holiday offerings.
Take your pick:
- The Hawaii Prince Hotel offers a “Home for the Holidays” Christmas concert at 6:30 p.m. Friday (Dec. 20) at the Mauna Kea Ballroom. A literal buffet of performing artists will be featured, including Lehua Kalima, Imua Garza, Tiffa Garza and Ernie Cruz Jr., Ben Vegas and Maila Gibson, ManoaDNA, Mark Yamanaka and Darren Benitez and Kapena. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Cost: $55, includes the show and reception menu featuring a kalua pork slider station. Information: 952-4789 or go to hawaiiprincehotel.com/events.
- Frank DeLima’s holiday show, from 5:30 p.m. Friday (Dec. 20) at the Pagoda Restaurant’s C’est Si Bon showroom, features a buffet dinner followed by the comedian’s wacky revue at 7 p.m. highlighted by his lit-up Christmas tree costume and rendering of his iconic “Filipino Christmas” medley. Also, audience participation makes his “12 Days of Christmas” a laff riot. A prime rib dinner, with chicken, fish and salad fixings, is included. Cost: $52 adults, $31 children 3 to 8. Call 948-8370 or visit pagodahawaii.com.
- Amy Hanaialii is on the Big Island Christmas concert swing, performing at 8 p.m. Thursday (Dec. 19) at the Kahilu Theatre in Waimea and at 7 p.m. Friday (Dec. 20) at the Palace Theatre in Hilo. Tickets: Kahilu Theatre, $20 to $65, (808-885-6969); Palace Theatre, $30 general in advance, $35 at the door (808-934-7010).
- Jay Larrin’s lunchtime Christmas concert will be held at 12:30 p.m. Saturday (Dec. 21) at the Hawaii Prince’s Mauna Kea Ballroom. Featuring singer-composer-pianist in his annual holiday serenades; he also shares poetry. With guest stars Ho’okena and Danny Couch. Doors open at 11:30 a.m.; Prince buffet at noon; performance at 12:30 p.m. Tickets $65. Call 952-4789 or go to hawaiiprincehotel.com/events.
- The Makaha Sons’ “Makaha Kalikimaka 2013” will be held at 7 p.m. Sunday (Dec. 22) at the Ala Moana Hotel. Doors open at 5 p.m., prime rib dinner at 5:30 p.m., show at 7 p.m.Cost: $65 adults, $32.50 chidlren 4 to 11; VIP seating, $100. Call 944-4333.
Posted in Entertainment | Comments Off on 'Tis the season for bright and merry yuletide concerts