Jake's 'Travels' tour will support his upcoming CD
Jake Shimabukuro, the ukulele sensation, will kick off his summer tour with an Aug. 6 performance at the Waikiki Aquarium.
The concert, and his tour, will support his “Travels” studio album, due for release Oct. 9.
Shimabukuro will preview selections from his new CD, which will reflect the strummer’s diverse versatility, on new compositions and interpretation of island standards. Two flashback tunes from the 1970s, the Jackson Five’s “I’ll Be There” and War’s “Low Rider,” will be on the disc. The latter tune will feature rare vocals by Shimabukuro.
His artistry and music have gone the waves of Hawaii, and the tour will reflect his appeal and fan base.
The tour dates:
- Aug. 6 — Waikiki Aquarium.
- Aug. 7 — Palace Theatre, Hilo.
- Aug. 14 — Red Lion Woodlake, Sacramento.
- Aug. 15 — Performing Arts Center, San Luis Obispo, CA..
- Aug. 16 — S.F. Jazz, Davis Symphony Hall, San Francisco.
- Aug. 22 — The Birchmere, Alexandria, VA..
- Aug. 23 — Rams Head on Stage, Annapolis, MD.
- Aug 27 — Keswick Theatre, Glenside, PA.
- Aug. 28 — Carnegie of Homestead Music Hall, Munhall, PA.
Future dates will continue into 2016 with more Mainland gigs and stops in Britain and Japan.